A Short Guide to Bluezone
Please read this carefully before using the service.
“Bluezone” provides its members with direct access to Hospital Consultants via an app. If they can’t sort out your problem remotely, they will arrange to see you face-to-face where they can examine you, order tests and treat you.
1. Accessing the service
- The Bluezone service is only for members registered with Bluezone. Bluezone membership covers the cost of online consultations with our Hospital Consultants. There are additional fees for face-to-face consultations. The cost of any tests, procedures or treatments including prescriptions and associated courier fees will be charged separately by the hospital or facility that provides them. You will need to pay these yourself or claim them back from your Private Medical Insurance provider.
- Once you’ve registered as a Bluezone member, you can use our online service as much as you like everyday, including weekends from 8am to 11pm, but that doesn’t mean that it will always be available. We try our best to make sure that we respond quickly, and that your experience is positive, but we cannot make any guarantees. We are not liable for any harm that may occur if you are unable to use the service for any reason.
- You can contact us from anywhere, but our Hospital Consultants are not allowed to give you medical advice if you are outside the United Kingdom.
- If you are below the age of 16, you will need your Mum, Dad or whoever it is that looks after you to contact the service on your behalf.
2. What we can and can’t do
- All our doctors are Hospital Consultants. They will use their training, experience and judgement to treat you to the best of their abilities. If things go wrong, they are fully insured. We select our Hospital Consultants very carefully, but we are not liable for the advice that they give you.
- You must not use Bluezone if you think that your condition is life, limb or eye threatening, or a serious threat to your mental health. You must call 999 instead. Our Hospital Consultants have the right to direct you to an NHS Emergency Department or other facility at any time if they believe that you need to be treated there.
- Our app and website use industry-strength security, but we don’t guarantee that they are free from errors, bugs or viruses. If you suffer loss or damage as a result of using them, it isn’t our fault and we can’t take responsibility. You are responsible for protecting your phone or computer, including installing your own virus protection software.
3. Using our service properly
- When you create an account with us, it is your responsibility to keep your account details, username and password safe. You can use Bluezone for yourself or on behalf of your immediate family but you must not impersonate them or anyone else – it can be dangerous and may be illegal. Similarly, you must not allow anyone else to use the service by pretending to be you.
- You must not try to make our service less secure, for example by introducing viruses and you are not allowed to use our service to make any obscene or untrue comments.
- Everything you see on our app and website, and any information that we may share with you belongs to us, unless otherwise stated. This means that you cannot copy it, alter it or use it somewhere else without getting permission from us first. Similarly, you must not change any documents that we have created about you (for example, letters to your GP).
- We may monitor your use of Bluezone and we can deny you access without warning and without explanation, if we think that you are not using it properly.
If you change your mind within the first 14 days of a new subscription, you can cancel it straight away. After the first 14 days are up, you have to give us one month’s notice. If you wish to cancel a subscription, contact us as detailed below.
If you have any questions about any aspect of Bluezone, please email us at email@example.com, or write to Bluezone Health Ltd at 8 Holland Street London W8 4LT where we will be glad to help you.
Last updated November 2018